Like with fashion trends, beauty trends come and go as the seasons change. This summer, it's all about "au naturale" and going bare! Here are some of the hottest looks for this summer along with some tips on how to achieve them!
1. Mermaid Waves
- After washing your hair, put mousse while your hair is upside-down
- Then shake your hair a little bit and then braid it while it's still wet (2 or more depending on the amount of volume and/or texture you want)
- Sleep with it and then take out the braids in the morning
- Add some serum if there is frizz
2. Thick luxurious brows
- Don't go all crazy with your tweezers! The more you pluck, the more the eyebrow follicles begin to stop growing hair!
- If you have a round face, emphasize an arch to draw attention away from your face width
- If you have a long face, don't emphasize the arch rather make them flatter
- If you have an angular face, rounder eyebrows will soften your face shape
- To get the perfect arch learn how to fill in brows watch this video!
3. Winged Liner (my fave)
- Use either a liquid liner with a thin brush or a gel pot liner with an angled brush depending on whats easier for you
- Follow the natural shape of your eyes and try to get as close to the lashline as possible
- You may even want to thicken the line as you go out!
- Don't forget that a q-tip is your best-friend
4. Lip-stains (plum, cherry, and coral shades)
- My Favorites: SmashBox Limitless Lip Stain & Color Seal Balm in Guava, Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain in Tango, Stila Coconut Crush Lip & Cheek Stain
- To learn how to do a fishtail braid, click here
6. Tinted Moisturizer, or nothing at all!
- My Favorites: Mac Studio Moisture Tint with SPF 15, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20