8.13.2011

RIP- sweet Amy

I've been debating on whether I should do a post on this in a while, as it technically isn't really a post, rather a rant. First and foremost I would like to mention my sincere condolences to the Winehouse family as well as the people close to her. When I initially heard what happened, I was not only in shock, but really angry because I thought she would at some point get her act together and get some help, but it still really struck me as a huge loss to the music industry. When I looked back on her music career as well as celebrity spotlight, the only thing I would ever hear about her name throughout the media was "oh Amy high again" "oh look at her in this awful photograph with cocaine seeping from her nostrils" "wow Amy Winehouse is drunk at her concert" blah blah blah. And all they would mention is how bad of an example she was and how horrible her lifestyle was. To be honest, (I cannot really lie nor can I make my own judgment on her considering I don't know her personally), I do think that the image she was portraying is not necessarily "Kidz Bop" or one like "Mary Had a Little Lamb". However, the one thing that really grinds my gears (yes, I just referenced Family Guy) is the fact that those same people who criticized her and plastered her face on tabloids are saying "oh what a shame we lost such a great performer" or "RIP Amy Winehouse, she was so talented" blah blah blah. Most of the time you can just ignore the media and live in your own world, forgetting them, but there comes a time when their pure ignorant, hypocrisy forms such a dark, foggy cloud that you can barely clean your avoiding glasses. I do sincerely appreciate the fact that there are people who now realize the fact that she truly was an amazing performer and a goddamn (scuse' the language) beautiful jazz vocalist, but it aches me that they were too blind to see this ages ago, besides the fact that she had problems with addiction. Music is about music. Just listen and clap. Listen and snap. Get your head out of that tabloid and cry for losing an artist like that. If only she went to rehab or have gotten help from the people instead of being made a mockery of, God only knows what other albums she would have made.

Rest in Peace Amy Winehouse (14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011)  
"it's better burn out than to fade away"- Kurt Cobain

xx

No comments:

Search

Popular Posts