8.27.2011

Update yo!


it's been a while.

This summer has pretty much breezed by as if I blinked through the whole thing. Although there's that uneasy feeling of going back to school and getting off your high horse, the feeling of putting on cashmere gloves again and wearing boots makes me want to scream of joy. I have never been a summer fanatic for the girly reason behind getting all sweaty and having my hair frizz up on the humid days. Every time summer nears the end I always end up feeling a sense of relief that I can go back to reality in a way, not to mention breathe crisp air.

Besides the chilling effect I get from thinking about all this, I have began getting into the overall spirit of colder weather. Since Hurricane Irene is making it's way over to New York sometime tomorrow morning, the whole crazy weather situation validates my liking for hot tea, long sweats, and fluffy blankets at this time. 
Now as for this month let me fill you in on what have I been exactly up to:
  • Finishing Ayn Rand's novel, The Fountainhead, which is going on my 'all time favorite books list'
  •  Listening to jazzy, soul music from the likes of Erykah Badu, Terez Montcalm, Koop Island Blues, Duffy, & Amy Winheouse
  • Obsessing over menswear, tweed suits, (see photos above)
  • Working on a few art-pieces involving a fortune cookie 
  • Watching many films on youtube, including Nosferatu!
To make this post even more random- here are my playlists of the day! 

upbeat
Don't Ditch- Tiƫsto & Marcel Woods
Black + Gold- Ellie Goulding
Still Dre- Dr. Dre vs. JJ
Walking on a Dream- Empire of the Sun
Touch The Sky (Carlos Serrano Mix)- Kanye West vs. The XX
Titanium-David Guetta

chill
To Build A Home- The Cinematic Orchestra
The Look of Love- Diana Krall
Sweet Dreams- Terez Montcalm
Koop -Koop Island Blues
Oh Land- Wolf & I


xx

1 comment:

DREAMY said...

Ohh menswear....

Search

Popular Posts