10.18.2011

Frieze Art Fair 2011


photos via. vogue.co.uk

LOVE these street-chic looks from the London Frieze Art Fair this year! I see a lot of boots, layering, maxi-skirts/dresses, and most certainly tights and leggings! One of the reasons why the colder seasons are my favorite seasons is because putting together outfits in those seasons are so much more fun and the looks are so much more visually appealing than the hotter seasons. Some people would argue that the heaviness of sweaters and jackets aren't as chic as a day-dress with some sandals, but to me, getting all bundled up in some boots, a chunky patterned scarf, a cashmere sweater, and a skirt with tights, is a dream to me. I love the looks of the maxi-skirt in the second to last photo and the first photo. They just both add a sophistication and overall length to the entire look, despite the heart prints. I think what's so great about that print is that it automatically adds a modern twist on just a plain-maxi skirt as it plays up the solid tucked-in top.

And the recurrent theme of leggings with a baggy sweater is both comfortable, do-able, and completely chic. Just as long as the sweater covers the bum, and has a little bit of oomph or jazzyness like that gorgeous red color or that nautical horizontal stripe. It looks completely effortless, but age-appropriate and cute at the same time! Even adding a necklace, which I noticed both girls did, just add even more visual interest and steps it up a notch. 

I love all of these outfits as they just make me want to more an more be a London Art student! And I also wanted to mention: they all have such awesome hair! They are all so diverse and beautiful!

xoxo 

1 comment:

Nia Langley said...

Cool blog! Follow mine?

All you have to do is...
1) FOLLOW ME! (via GFC)
2) Let me know you're following me by commenting on any of my posts.

I'll be sure to follow you back after you do that.

Thanks!

nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

Search

Popular Posts