10.06.2011

the nifty 50's


The 50's have always been a favorite fashion era of mine. It was a time where curves were in their prime and the waist was hugely emphasized. On the contrary to flapper fashion, 50's sophistication was all about the long gloves, corsets, tiny waists, and simple hats. Some of my favorite style icons; Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, and Marilyn Monroe are what make me go nuts over old-Hollywood glamour looks. If I saw someone walking down the street in a waist-coat, a classic hat, some red pumps, with their hair in curls and bright red lipstick, I'd go right over to them and take a photo. I love the fact that retro 50's inspired clothing is starting to come back in style. From corsets to A-line skirts, they seem to be all over fashion-week and I am so excited. Can't get enough of the fashion from this era! If only I had a time-machine!

xx

1 comment:

The Dainty Doll's House said...

I love it..when glamour was high, women were stunning and emaculate!! Have a great weekend xx

Search

Popular Posts