10.10.2011

weekly inspiration & an update!


Combat boots, Yankee hats, and hunting jackets. This week's tumblr mood-board is inspired by
New York City's graffiti'ed walls, grundgy girls, and tomboys. I think its pretty obvious by now how much I've become obsessed with the whole tomboy simplistic look. This week I put together just a few photos that remind me of that simplistic-boyish look, but at the same time seems perfect for easing into the colder weather. Oh how I cannot wait to make snow angels.

This weekend has been an ultimate detoxifying and de-stressing period. From Friday evening up until Saturday evening (approximately 25 hours) I was fasting for a Jewish holiday, Yom Kippur. It's a holiday of atonement and redemption as it follows the Jewish New Year called Rosh Hashannah, which was last week. No food. No drink. No touching electricity. No driving. Although it was quite difficult to keep my head from thinking about chocolate mousse cake or cheezy pizza, the feeling after was great, and not just the feeling of drinking water. On Sunday, I spent most of my day in New York City, dress shopping for an upcoming family wedding, but left with just two Forever 21 goodies. Unfortunately, long evening dresses aren't the easiest of apparel items to find! Despite my failed quest, I ended the night watching The Change-up with Neda after getting some fro-yo with her. That night where we were supposed to be at the Deadmau5 (Meowingtons Hax tour) concert, we ended up having our own concert with the car radio. 

here was our playlist: 


Today I woke up late,  cleaned my bedroom, got a hot-stone massage, took a shower, then ended the night with some yoga. It was truly relaxing! I do recommend from time to time or at least once a year treating yourself to a day of relaxation. Whether it be complete isolation through meditation, yoga, a massage, or a travel spot. Not hearing the buzz of a cellphone for the 25 hours of Yom Kippur was a vacation in it of itself.

love you bloggers! hope you're all having a wonderful columbus day!

xoxo

6 comments:

Mom Fashion World said...

Great fashion inspiration indeed!

Thanks for your comment!
Would you like following each other's blog?
Let's keep in touch!

http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

The Jones said...

So excited that I found your blog! Thanks for commenting on mine...hope we can stay in blog touch :) I love the inspiration and the outfits you've assembled in your last posts, they're just fab.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Kimberly Capeto said...

Hey !
Awesome pics !
I love that first girl's hair

xoxo

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Beautiful inspirations! I love that male model with the blonde hair! xoxoxoo

.sabo skirt. said...

we really love you bag! hope to have that soon!

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

Is This Real Life? said...

So interesting hearing about the Jewish traditions I have always heard Yom Kippur mentioned but never new much about it till i read your post, it sounds like a lovely de-stressing holiday!

Sooo much inspiration in the images too!

Search

Popular Posts