12.28.2011

BRAZILIA

Photos via. fashiongonerogue 
Photographed by: Angelo Pennetta
 
Out of all things I've ever wanted to accomplish, visiting an exotic land and drinking straight out of a coconut would have to be my #1 bucket-list task. It just seems so fun and adventurous, not to mention a good break from the wind and rain that has been making NY so cold and dreary lately. I must point out though how odd it is that it hasn't snowed yet in my town even after that strange October blizzard in upstate NY. Recently I've been just dreaming about laying on the beach with a good read and maybe a fruit smoothie. Luckily, some of the holiday resort-wear editorials have been keeping me company and fueling my sand-filled fantasies. 

In the recent T Style holiday issue for The New York Times, Raquel Zimmermann modeled on the beaches of Brazil, showcasing some beautifully printed swim pieces and resort wear from labels such as Missoni, Derek Lam and Bottega Veneta. From many of the "beachy" editorials I've seen before, I notice how the styling can be too overdone and "too glamorous" especially with oversized sunglasses, bronzer overkill, and a hat that is way to floppy.  However, I just love how Andreas Kokkino incorporated a more retro style into Raquel's looks. With the just the right amount of tribal, floral, and geometric prints, Raquel looks laid back and effortlessly beautiful. 

Love this editorial and will possibly do my best to compile as many underwater photographs as I can! Really gorgeous shots!

xoxo 

2 comments:

sara tee said...

she is so beautiful, and this entire photo shoot must have been seriously awesome for her!

imsaratee.blogspot.com

Fabliha said...

these photos are so beautiful... I love the styling...

xx

INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

Search

Popular Posts