3.10.2012

Basic Slate


I don't think I've ever made a post about interior design, let alone architecture.  I've always been been fascinated by the photos of modern homes on various tumblr blogs like pynter, but I never took the opportunity to talk about design, not in the fashion sense. I've come to learn that decorating a home can be very similar to styling an outfit, however. While you have a basic slate of fresh paint, wood flooring, and soft neutral curtains at a home, an outfit has it's basics as well: plain white tank, skinny denim, and black pumps. The only thing missing are the details. You could choose to design your home and spice up your outfit however way you'd like. It all comes down to color, texture, fabric, etc. But, as years go by, trends often fade and sometimes we just get sick and tired of the old shag rug, lava lamp, and bell-bottoms.  That's why it's awesome to have that basic slate, that can be reused over and over gain for future detail changes, so you don't have to repaint, you don't have to rip out your flooring, you don't have to change your curtains....and you don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe.

by the way...to my fellow New Yorkers: do I smell spring?

xx

2 comments:

annalisa said...

amaazed by the first room
loove that

www.moustachic.com
www.moustachic.com
www.moustachic.com

Twins said...

cool inspiration!! I love decoration too!! ;-)

Love from Mc xx

www.addict-to-twins.blogspot.com

Search

Popular Posts