6.24.2012

What I've been upto...

Dress: Zara   Flats: Nordstrom Rack   Purse: Daffy's
 As you can probably tell from my long time away, I've been quite busy lately! As my final high school year was nearing its end, a bunch of awesome events were going on in my life like my 18th Birthday, Prom, and Graduation! Other than that, I've been just trying to relax and spend as much time as I can with my good, close friends before they take their leave to various vacation journeys and summer jobs! I guess I'll update you all with some of my random instagram photos I took the past few weeks, which I update regularly if you're interested (@shainakamkar)! As for the outfit above, I was on my way to a cute, celebratory graduation brunch! The dress was easy...and the shoes are just a pair that I can't stop wearing!  
Ever made funfetti cupcakes? Well if you haven't...you better run to the grocery store! So awesome and perfect for a night in with the girlfriends and a chick flick!

 
I've been loving this maxi-dress. Although the recent sky-high temperatures here in New York (yes it was 100 degrees at one point) haven't allowed me to wear it as much, I just find it to be so comfortable, effortless, yet trendy. Hopefully the temperature can ease a little, so I can wear it more often, because it is so darn cute!

 
My new day looks have been consisting of nothing other than Sunblock with SPF 10,000, Mac Bronzer in  Refined Golden, Burtz Bees lip balm, and some mascara. After peeling for the first-time ever on my beat-red, tan-less shoulders, I decided it was time to start taking care of my skin. As for night though, I've been more on the daring side as I've been using the brick-red Mac Viva Glam 1 lipstick.

 
It was also, recently my 18th birthday! Woo! Legal! I had a great time at this fondue restaurant with some close friends where we got to dip various treats like marshmallows, strawberries, and pretzels into mouth-watering chocolate dips of all sorts.

 
Totally random, but I am just fascinated by the chandeliers in my friend's parents' home! They are so beautiful and clean-looking, yet they have such a traditional flair!
  
As for my Senior Prom, I went for a makeup look that was a little outside of my comfort zone yet different! I wanted to stand out, so I had a simple eye-look: a golden base color with a bronze in the crease along with some winged eyeliner and mascara. But, I paired the look with some big, bold red lips and wore my hair down in some loose curls! It was definitely a night to remember and I will truly miss my friends when they go off to college next year!

Miss you all! Will be posting more soon :)

Happy Sunday!

xx

No comments:

Search

Popular Posts